Myson Apollo 30s boiler not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help would be much appreciated.

I woke up this morning to find our house cold and our hot water no longer being heated.

The electrical supply to the boiler seems fine (fuse not blown, timer working), and the pilot light is on, but the boiler isn't firing up, despite the room temperature being well below the thermostat setting.

Is it worth pressing the burner controller manual reset (if there is one?). Or are there any other quick fixes worth trying?

Many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Wow, that was fast thank you.

The pilot light is on and the green button is fully out.

The system seems to be making all the right (usual) noises on being turned on except for the burners not firing up?

Is it green button type,with black solenoid (round thing),it will be the gas valve as they are really simple to fix ,nothing in them,let me rthink for a minute

Sponsored Links
Sorry but don't know what MZV is, and not sure that the pump is running. But when I switch it on (by selecting continuous or timed) I briefly hear the sound of water and what sounds like a quiet electric motor starting.
It does have the green button but not sure where the solenoid is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back