Myson C/H Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a Myson Compact Pump model CP53 on my C/Heating System which is Oil fired. As it has been on for ever I was thinking about changing it.
Anybody know of a suitable replacement. Bungalow with copper tank and 6 rads.
No problems with it so some people may suggest if its not broken dont mess with it.??
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thank You
David

Sponsored Links
If you have a sealed system then the grundfos Alpha 1 not a bad choice as it displays the power in watts, you can deduce from the pump curves what head and flowrate the pump is running at. Most but not all do display the power, notable exception being the grundfos UPS3, I wouldn't buy a A rated pump without this as its quite useful for trouble shooting.
If a OV system, the Wilo Yonos Pico is a excellent choice as the Pump head can be incrementally changed in 0.1M steps. I have one and it's worked fine for the past 3/4 years, whatever you choose, ensure its a 6M
Pump.

Sponsored Links
My Salmson was just short of 3 decades, still perfect, but needed a new set of tyres and a spray paint so I splashed out on the Wilo for ~ €110.

These are a good grundfoss clone and good price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back