Mysterious 15hxi overtemp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Glow worm 15hxi boiler. Recently it had fault code f5, overheat fault. British Gas engineer changed both thermistors & overheat stat. Following morning F5 again! I reset the thermostat cut out thinking that if there is a fault it will cut out again but heating works fine. Now when I turn the hallway stat down to zero with heating running the boiler temp readout rises by up to 20deg before reducing! So with boiler set at 50deg temp peaks at 70! It used to be set at 70 but I saw it rise to 90 so it’s now lower! Also after I switch off the controller and descend the stairs, ie, a minute or so, the boiler runs on & temp rises for a few mins then stops?
At least we have heating but I’m wondering if the boiler or controller is ok? Don’t want to shell out another 60 quid for a seemingly pointless BG breakdown call or pay good money after bad!!

Any info gratefully received thanks.

Sponsored Links
just call BG and say you still have the same fault, you wont need to pay anything extra

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back