Mysterious blockage in eaves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help here.

I’ve just insulated loft and checked around eaves to make sure ventilation gap. At one point (back of house and unfortunately slap bang above conservatory) there doesn’t seem to be any clearance. It may have been the remnant of a wasps nest (certainly not active thankfully and couldn’t see any dead ones) or it may just be accumulated crap that’s blocked the gap.

It’s quite difficult getting close as edge of loft and just put down two layers of insulation. It’s almost as if there some sort of solid object there, like a piece of wood and I can’t get the detritus to fall through the gap!
Don’t want to leave it as summer coming and could be attractive to wasps etc.
I shouldn’t really need council as not a nest etc.

Will take picture tomorrow to assist diagnosis.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Someone in work suggested it could be related to one of those big spiders now turrning up!!

Hi again

Thankfully don’t think it’s wasps or venomous spiders. Photo shows situation at eaves which clearly shows the area at the end which seems like a prefect receptacle for rotted insulation etc. I know it’s the fascia board at the end and soffit underneath but it’s a devil of a job to get to at the edge of loft with all the insulation down.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back