Mystery four way electronic dimmer switch

Sponsored Links
I'm actually failing to see the point in most of these.

8 RJ45 outlets?

A plate with 5 phono connectors... perhaps surround?

Multi-phono plates with far too many connectors? Leading to an AV receiver somewhere else??? As if it wouldn't be with the rest of the AV equipment...

The designer for that install should be shot.

Colin C

It's one of these: http://www.zero88.com/en/products/3/27[/QUOTE]

It may look similar, but it's definitely not a Z88 product. It is in fact a Rako RCP07. I believe it's wireless.

EDIT: Damn. Didn't notice Ben's post there! Also, it's nice that you have plenty of connectivity in the living room, but having that many outlet plates looks completely ridiculous. The installers really should have put all that in an A/V closet.

Thanks for your reply.

It might be nice having plenty of connectivity if I knew what on earth I was meant to connect ! . :LOL:

The "designer" must have gone to the "if you have it flaunt it" school of design..... :rolleyes:

At the TV location I can recognise a power socket and the satellite point on the left, apart from that I have no idea what I'd do with the hdmi cable, the cable dangling from the bottom plate or the other four sockets that look like network cable sockets !

At this location I have no idea what the hdmi cable is for or what any of the other sockets ( apart from the power sockets ! ) are for ! . :confused:
The only information I have is that the apartment has cat-6 multi-media cabling and an integrated sound system - There are speakers in the ceiling in every room and plates with about 12 buttons ( I'll post a photo tomorrow ) in every room..... :rolleyes:

Thinking about it, maybe the hdmi cable is just one cable hidden behind the wall, one end to be connected to the source ( DVD player or whatever) at the second location and the other end to be plugged into a TV at the first location..... :confused:

Sponsored Links
At a guess the controller that had all the system controls was sat in a cabinet in front of all the connections and the previous occupant took it with him.

Sat in front of what, where?

Why would you have the dimmers in a cabinet in front of anything?

Where in the photos can you see where the outputs from the dimmers would connect to the fixed wiring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back