Nail Gun Nails for battens that meet BS 5534?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning on using nail gun with 65mm x 3.1mm galvanised collated clipped head nails for attaching battens. After a bit of reading I see the BS 5534 thing says that the nails should be a minimum of 3.35mm, therefore nail gun nails which only go up to 3.1mm are usually not suitable - unless they have been specifically tested to see if they meet BS 5534 standards.

After a bit of Googling I can't find any nails online which say they meet these standards. I've seen loads of battens being nailed with guns so was wondering if it's really worth worrying about?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:LOL: aye luckily I'm not due to start it for a couple of weeks yet. I've see a lot of guns been used & not heard of any roofs blowing off recently so I was going to risk it if nobody got back to me. Cheers!

DeWalt to heavy , I've had one and sold it. We have several im350 which we service ourselves ..no complaintsdont fall into the 360 trap to though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back