Nail Varnish on Carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I get bright red nail varnish out of a pale lilac carpet - only a small bit. Am a bit worried about using acetone in case it makes the stain worse or bleaches the carpet!

Sponsored Links
Dry it out with a hair dryer, not too hot, it'll flake off when scraped with a finger nail

Oops, it's already dry!! I tried to use vanish upholsetery cleaner on it already and that didn't work!

Sponsored Links
If you don't have any joy when it's dry you can try acetone (the chemical in nail varnish remover). You have to be careful though as you could spread the stain if you use too much at once. Dab it on with some cotton cloth and then dab it off with some clean cloth straight away. As the stain gets less you can use more solvent to clean it.

I have just been told to try amyl acetate then methylated spirit then a detergent. The stain in my cream carpet is huge so here goes..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back