Nailer for fixing skirting board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just laid the laminate flooring on ground floor and is looking at the skirting boards. I'm going with the ' no nail glue' for the installation but noticed my builder was also using an air pumped nail gun to fix the skirting board in place before the glue settles.

I looked at the nailer guns on Amazon there are plenty of choices from 20 to over 100, not sure what spec is required but I think at least for 60mm nails and powerful enough to nail it onto dry wall?can anyone recommend a good cheap nail gun for that purpose? Preferably under 50.

Sponsored Links
I've looked at second fix nailers before, and I don't think they are anywhere near as cheap as that. So they've never been top of my new toy list - can't justify the cost with the amount of times I fit skirtings/architraves.
Post a link?

I've looked at second fix nailers before, and I don't think they are anywhere near as cheap as that. So they've never been top of my new toy list - can't justify the cost with the amount of times I fit skirtings/architraves.
Post a link?

You are right the cheaper ones are actually air nail gun. Electric nail guns cost more, such as this one:
Tacwise 181ELS Electric Nail Gun https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B1P5TC2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_lfJGzbRGEGEVB

But if the electric nail gun could do the trick and substantially reduce the time fixing the skirting I 'm happy to strength my budget or maybe just buy an used one for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back