Nailer Gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used non-manufacturer gas with any success?
I was informed not to use anything but Paslode or Hitachi fuel as others could coke up the combustion chamber, is this just to make me buy the expensive stuff or is it actually truthful?

Experiences welcomed!

Sponsored Links
I use paslode, firmahold and hitachi and have to say don't really see any difference between them just pick up what ever the local supplier has to hand

the cheaper gases do junk up the guns quicker just buy your self some clutch and brake cleaner and give a good clean every couple of months it just paslode talking crap the same as them saying the i series guns take different gas same gas just different size cannister

Sponsored Links
Rawl, BeA and Senco are all good in my experience - in fact BeA used to guarantee their gas (not sure if they still do) and I've been using their nails and gas for years on Spit concrete nailers which come with a real "skull and crossbones" warning about the use of non-OEM nails and gas (which is piffle, BTW, and is just used to justify charging 2 to 3 times what BeA charge for an identical product). One to avoid is Champion - cheap nails and crappy, dirty gas which bungs up guns

BTW I avoi using brake cleaners and buy the "real stuff" for cleaning because some brake cleaners seem to attack the seals in gas guns. Personal preference.

thats the only downside to the 360i an ppn35 have to use there nails/twists others nails just jam and fire in two,s but always have so many gases left over

Back