Naivety and Nest Feathering.

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Let's make Pope John II a Saint.

How can we? To be a Saint you have to have performed two miracles - ? that's the rules.

An "inexplicable recovery" on the very day of John Paul II's beatification has been assessed as a miracle by the Vatican's saint-making department, the Congregation for the Causes of Saints, and Pope Francis has now approved that decision.

A Costa Rican woman reportedly recovered from a serious brain illness, and the Congregation concluded that the only explanation for her recovery was the fact that her family had prayed for the late pope's intercession.

John Paul's first miracle was the apparent curing of a 49-year-old French nun, Sister Marie Simon-Pierre Normand. She had been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, the same malady which afflicted the pope himself in his later years.

Sister Marie claims that she and her fellow nuns prayed for the intercession of John Paul after his death. Her sudden cure had no logical medical explanation and she later resumed her work as a maternity nurse, the Vatican says.
BBC News.

Oh! Well, that's alright then.

For some reason lots of people believe this twaddle.
See other threads.

Sponsored Links
When one person suffers delusions it's called madness. When many people suffer delusions it's called a religion.

Faith healing works. I've had a few ailments cured by faith healers.
The gift is passed from generation to generation.

Back in the ole days farmers would often use faith healers with the gift of the "cure" to treat animals.
I witnessed one memorable "cure" that healed one of our cows and we had many cures carried out.

My dad had skin cancer once and he didn't go to the doctors but instead got the "cure" from a chap.
Me da is a great believer in that stuff.
It involved the use off strychnine over a period of six months. Had he taken a sip of alcohol in that time he would have died.
The cancer lost the battle in this case. :D

Sponsored Links
Faith healing works. I've had a few ailments cured by faith healers.
People quite often 'get better'.

I'm not sure which point you are trying to make.

Is it that faith healing isn't a miracle and the Roman Catholic Church is misleading its followers - or

faith healing is a miracle and all faith healers should be sainted - or

that cows sheepishly believe everything they are told because they are not bright enough to think for themselves?

I am glad you're Dad got better.

Back