Name of box that covers cable signal splitter in house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Stupid question, but I need to buy a new plastic cover for the virgin media wire/signal reducer/splitter and I have no idea what search term to use in order to get a replacement. To be clearer about the item I am talking about:

- I have a wire from the road which comes into my house which is 2 core copper and it carries the virgin cable signal.
- The cable is in my hallway, and it links into a little metal box by coax connection which I believe reduces the signal, before leaving the box into the wall with another coax cable.
- This was all covered by a white plastic box branded with Virgin Media. It is this box that became damaged and that I wish to replace.

I don't need another virgin branded version, just a similar nice looking box to hide the cables etc.

Thanks for your help,

Jon

Sponsored Links
Do you mean one of these?

Master socket
upload_2016-8-2_17-45-27.jpeg

Yes I see what you mean.

Perhaps Virgin will supply one.

Somebody may know here but you could try the Audio/Visual forum.

Sponsored Links
Virgin media own all their kit in your house. Ring them and tell them their kit is damaged. If you dont use it tell them you want it removing. They should do this FOC as it belongs to them.

IIRC they are fastened on with security screws too.

DIGITAL CABLE TV BROADBAND WALL BOX SPLITTER HOUSING INDOOR COVER VIRGIN MEDIA

Why didn't Jon or I think of that?

Wow thanks all - that is exactly what I need. Shame the naming is not simple.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back