Napster is a ruddy con!(ignore my pointless post)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to have a look at the massive choice of music on napster and I downloaded Now 64 for a bargain price of £7.95, seemed okay at the time but media player refused to organise the tracks by number & if I tried to update the album information, it then froze and quit!

After looking at the CD price at various online stores, I discovered that there should be 42 tracks on Now 64 but with the napster version you only get 40 tracks! What can I do about this? can I get a refund, or am I stuck with the music with the licenses that don`t expire until 2099. I think i`ll switch back to buying music in a physical format.

The big record companys may have stopped them giving away music, so napster is now ripping people off now that its a pay service!

Sponsored Links
I dissagree, did you read the small print?

maybe the ones in the shops have 2 bonus tracks

i think its a case of sour grapes, if napster were to be a con, why is it still running

Thats one thing I never do, read the small print. I am british after all and I have the right to complain! :LOL: and complain I shall.

And then after i`ve finished complaining I will pop down to my local asda and limp(broken toe) round to the cds & buy Now 64.

Sponsored Links
markie said:
breezer are you on the ray roll with diy. com. ? :LOL:
ray roll?

if you mean why i am sticking up for napster its becuase you should alwyas read the small print of anything

if it looks too good to be true it probably is

i mean how would you expect to get a refund when the small print probaly says you cant, since to get a normal refund on a product you give it back and they give you your money back, but with downloadable things you can copy it so how would the seller expect to get it back, knowing you may or may not have copied what ever it is you ordered

i can see nothing to complain about he got what he ordered it works, and the cd probably has bonus tracks

Ian84 said:
Thats one thing I never do, read the small print. I am british after all and I have the right to complain! :LOL: and complain I shall.

And then after i`ve finished complaining I will pop down to my local asda and limp(broken toe) round to the cds & buy Now 64.

IS your dad john presscot by any chance..he ha ho

Okay breezer, tell me then why does the same album on itunes & the HMV digital store have 42 tracks?

And i`ve just read the small print & it doesn`t say anywhere that some albums may have tracks missing.

breezer said:
markie said:
breezer are you on the ray roll with diy. com. ? :LOL:
ray roll?

if you mean why i am sticking up for napster its becuase you should alwyas read the small print of anything

i mean how would you expect to get a refund when the small print probaly says you cant, since to get a normal refund on a product you give it back and they give you your money back, but with downloadable things you can copy it so how would the seller expect to get it back, knowing you may or may not have copied what ever it is you ordered

i can see nothing to complain about he got what he ordered it works, and the cd probably has bonus tracks

No it's got nothing to do with this topic it's just a :?:
PS ray roll :oops: :LOL:

The three missing tracks are available on Napster separately. I believe you need to buy a track pack to get them (£10.99 for 15 tracks). How much is this album on itunes and HMV?

Ian84 said:
Okay breezer, tell me then why does the same album on itunes & the HMV digital store have 42 tracks?

And i`ve just read the small print & it doesn`t say anywhere that some albums may have tracks missing.
i never said it had tacks missing, i said

breezer said:
maybe the ones in the shops have 2 bonus tracks

i also said
breezer said:
you should alwyas read the small print of anything

I`ve been had! So I will do as I said before & go and hop round Asda or HMV. Napster can shove their download service where the sun don`t shine.

Ian84 said:
I`ve been had!

thats your opinion.

you got what you paid for, as i said if napster were rip off merchants why are they still going?

if you feel that bad compalin to your local councils erm whats it dept. (sorry cant remember the name)

but you wont because by buying the cd from a shop indicates that you know that you would not have a leg to stand on, hence sour grapes.

sorry, nothing personal.

if its of any use i bought a bar of chocolate sat down to enjoy it and it had been left in the sun and gone manky, but i couldnt be bothered to send it back to galaxy, but you dont see me making a song and dance about galaxy do you?

stuff napster and get limewire

but only get it if you dont have anthing worth keeping on your pc as hacking is ripe :LOL:

One should remember that mp3's, whether downloaded or not, are a seriously crap format, and anyone who claims otherwise is either a sonic halfwit or just an idiot, sonic or otherwise. My timpanic membranes, apart from being as old as I am, have suffered serious abuse as a result of necking fistfuls of e's and standing far too close to huge rigs lol. But even they can tell the difference from the real thing.(easily)

The tracks on napster are in wma format & not that crappy inferior mp3 format. I`ve also just looked at my billing history on napster and according to them i`ve not made any purchases within the last 90 days, so I don`t think i`ll bother contacting them to complain! Spoke too soon about not being charged.

breezer said:
but you wont because by buying the cd from a shop indicates that you know that you would not have a leg to stand on, hence sour grapes.
or a foot for that matter.

p.s. How much do the folks at diynot pay you then breezer?

Sponsored Links
Back