Narrowboat water system!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just renewed the plumbing in my Narrowboat and the hot water only comes out in "spurts" with the pump "pulsing"the water through the Vaillant water heater.The cold water runs fine with the pump running continuous but hot water only trickles.The heater is firing up the same as the pulsing. I dissconnected the hot water pipe below the Mixer tap and it still only "pulsed"out. Does the accumulator have anything to do with pressure required to push the water through the water heater? The pressure upto the water heater seems fine but coming out of the heater is slow. The pump is a 30psi model.
Any idea anyone??

Thanks

hotshot.

Sponsored Links
do you have a charge in the accumulator? is there a no return valve in the circuit?

Hello WDIK
There is no charge in the accumulator and there is no non return vave in the system. There was no non return valve in the old system and it worked very well!

hotshot

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back