Aqualisa Midas 100 shower not working properly.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.
I have just fitted an aqualisa Midas 100 shower that is running from a salamander CT50 shower pump on a gravity system.it works fine when I have just hot water or just cold water running through it but as soon as I turn the temperature control knob to mix the hot and cold to the desired temperature between 28 and 38 on the control the shower keeps pulsing then dies on me.i took the shower bar off the wall then turned water back on and the pump kicks in straight away and the water comes through fine,nearly shooting over the end of the bath so I think the pressure is fine so pump is working ok.i put the shower bar back on and again when it was fully turned to hot it was good and likewise with fully cold but again when I try mixing the hot and cold it ain't having none of it it keeps pulsing.can anyone please help.Cause I am fed up with sitting in the bath with cool water as it seems to work sort of ish when I am lower but still pulses but not as much.
Any help would be a brucy.

Sponsored Links
I'm wondering if you have the hot and cold the wrong way.

Does hot come through the left pipe with the bar off?

I actually drove home tonight and wondered if that was the case.i will check tomorrow and let you know. I am sure it is the right way round though.

Sponsored Links
Hiya terrydoh. I have just had the bar off and ran the pump and the hot is defo coming out of the left outlet pipe.

Cheers terrydoh for ya help.it has bamboozled me totally too.i understand that the pump needs pressure to work but as it works fine with either hot or cold fully on it seems to me that it must be something to do with the flow from the inlet to the outlet of the bar.but hey I ain't aquasimon.thanks for your input.

I just looked up their fault finding for this shower, they said

Reversed flow and return

Faulty non return

Blocked inlet filters

Good luck fella

I thought that, but he's getting a flow both hot and cold, just not mixing thermostatically.

And it's pumped so should still work with them in

Cheers for both ya inputs.i took the shower bar off earlier and looked in where the shower hose connects.I could see the brass bit inside that looks like the workings of a tap,when I turned the control knob and the bit that moves that has the black washer on it only moved about 1mm.i know when I have replaced tap washers before the tap moves that bit a good 5mm up and down,so I defiantly think it is restricting the flow.the control knob also only moves round half way so I think it is stuck and only opens it up that 1mm.i contacted aqualisa and they are sending me a control knob so I will replace that and let you know what happens.

Hi guys.the control knob came this morning and I have fitted it and it now works a treat.it was what I thought.i think you call it the cartridge but the brass bit that moves to open or closed had stuck and would not open fully.the even better bit is that they also sent me out the thermostatic cartridge to and when I was fiddling with the one that had got stuck I dropped it on the floor and it must have dislodged it and now that is working too.so now in theory have 2 showers. Happy days.cheers for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back