Newbie - Shower pump pressure low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please HELP!!!

I have had the family bathroom tiled and a new shower fitted. The shower in the ensuite works fine, but the shower in the family bathroom pulses when turned on. Also the pressure is low, if i turn to hot water only or cold water only then it stops pulsing but still has low pressure, but the minute i mix cold and hot water it starts to pulse and the pump won't switch off even though i had turned off the shower. The pump also starts when i turn the hot water on in the kitchen sink. Do i need to replace the pump or is there a problem with the system? :(

Sponsored Links
Make sure no air is getting in (particularly on the hot side) and that the inlet pipe from the hot cylinder is not restricting flow, it should be 22mm via an essex flange in the cylinder.

Breesey said:
Make sure no air is getting in (particularly on the hot side) and that the inlet pipe from the hot cylinder is not restricting flow, it should be 22mm via an essex flange in the cylinder.

Thanks for the reply i'll have a look tonight when i get in. How do i bleed the system if there is air trapped? :oops:

Sponsored Links
Try running the shower with the power to the pump turned off. Did you check the feeds to the pump are 22mm and unrestricted in any way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back