Navien combi boiler and evohome opentherm problem

Bit far. Buy a cheap OT stat, 30 quid, and try it. Do you have Plumb Centre/Wolseley?

Yes, Woseley's about a mile away. Either way it's easy to lay hands on that stuff.

I am pondering whether to be a little more radical and purchase something like this so that I can inject commands in between the Honeywell gateway and the boiler. That should definitely work if nothing else does.

Sponsored Links
has the boiler manufacture/ importer been asked,they will have the answers (eventually) Why make life hard-work :mrgreen:

Up the nav's u r up the nav's :LOL:

has the boiler manufacture/ importer been asked,they will have the answers (eventually) Why make life hard-work :mrgreen:

Up the nav's u r up the nav's :LOL:

Yes, they have been asked and are investigating.

Yes, Woseley's about a mile away. Either way it's easy to lay hands on that stuff.

I am pondering whether to be a little more radical and purchase something like this so that I can inject commands in between the Honeywell gateway and the boiler. That should definitely work if nothing else does.

On my phone so can't really see the site well. Not sure all gateways give control, they just show what's happening. I have one though a different model. If you search for converting Vokera RF stat to OpenTherm on YouTube you'll get an idea what might show up on a Navian boiler. Wolseley have a part number for a low price deal, I can find it if you like otherwise it's twice the price.

Sponsored Links
Wolseley branches are not always aware of the offer and sell the stat at list, you need the part number (I'm assuming the offer is still available)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 86
Tbh it is not diy but others will argue=persons of entitlement (kind of person who disobey all existing guidelines including covid19)

Its so easy to professionally adapt that nav,there is a clue there :LOL:

love the nav £$£ there currently ok appliances but they need professional installation including anything attached including accessories (y)like many new uk boiler imports,

:mrgreen:Yes your getting the idea,they are not for diy fiddling (y)

Others will have different opinions,geographical location of the install is a factor

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back