Neataheat Profile 30

D.J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there experts. I am need of some help.

My boiler doesn't seem to be working 100%. It fires up as it should for both hot water and CH. The problem is the spark.

What is happening is the fan comes in and it tries to spark (you can hear it clicking), but it does this for anything up to 10 minutes before it will fire into life. This is more the case when it has been on for a while, and then fires back up again (or tries to).

Any suggestions on what could cause this as i am pretty sure its not doing it any good.

Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
can you see the spark through the sight glass?

when was it last serviced?

If it is definitley sparking then it must be a gas problem, ie the gas valve ;)

The only help I can offer is that you should get a corgi guy in who is familiar with this particular boiler as they are known to be dangerous from a carbon monoxide point of view (in certain circumstances) ... You should not attempt to repair this boiler yourself

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the helps guys. In answer to your questions:

Rob884 I do not know when it was last serviced. It has got to be at least 2 years.
There is not always a spark through the glass between the electrode and the contact plate.

gas4you thanks for the suggestion...

Mondo1 Thanks for that bit of advice. I probably would have had a go at it myself, but having second thoughts now...

Could be something simple like the spark electrode gap needs re-setting

Have you had any electrical work done recently??

Is the pilot lighting but no main gas or just not lighting pilot at all

Stan

pannierstan said:
Have you had any electrical work done recently??

Is the pilot lighting but no main gas or just not lighting pilot at all

Stan

Hi Mate, no electric work done. It has gradually been getting worse...

One thing i noticed last night, was that it clicks away trying to spark, but i cannot see a spark in the little window, but when it did fire up, there was a louder click, more like a relay, and it sparked and fired straight away.

Does there have to be a certain amount of pressure in the boiler before it will fire up, or some kind of pressure balance?

Does the pilot light, but it contine to spark?

Partially blocked pilot?
Earthing Bracket worn?

Soggy_weetabix said:
Does the pilot light, but it contine to spark?

Partially blocked pilot?
Earthing Bracket worn?

The pilot lights with a single spark, it takes a long time to get that spark. There is a clicking but no spark, then there is a louder different pitched click (that comes from a different location within the boiler), it then sparks and fires up straight away...

The HT Lead could be shorting out on another part of the boiler, hence hearing the clicking in a different location.

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back