Need a Driving licence but how?

Sponsored Links
Obtaining a driving licence is not the same as collecting a parcel . I accompanied my sister in law to a solicitor on Friday , they asked for id , she had a council tax bill, driving licence and expired passport , these fell short of their id requirements .
I presume you didn't bother to ask what id they wanted?

Changed my licence at the PO yesterday. Took my old licence, birth certificate and a letter from DWP regarding my government pension, as proof of who I am.
They took my licence, took a photograph, and asked for payment, (£21.50). Then she tapped away on her tablet, suggested I take a photo of my old licence in case I needed proof before new one arrived, and all done and dusted within 10 minutes, (which included a little friendly chat because no one was waiting behind me).

Sponsored Links
I had same, during Colvid so could not go to old home town, passport out of date, and person must have known you three years, it took from Mid January until November to get licence, only after Colvid rules were relaxed could I ask a guy where I volunteered to sign the photo the 30 days was extended to 90 days during colvid but seems no one told DVLA so I bought an e-bike until sorted.

I was lucky I had been volunteering at railway before I came to live here, or would have needed to return to old home, or got a passport, it is crazy, the on line application has to be done on paper using the postal service.

It seems one should be however able to pay at some post offices to get them to verify the photo, but post office in my town said it could not do it.

As a PS, found my wife's licence had been revoked, but no one had told her, seems she had been driving for around 15 years without a licence, because we both still had paper licences, so had we not moved would not expire until 70, lucky my radio licence I could renew on line.

Last edited:
Back