Need a quiet shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have 3 bar salamander ESP 100 CVP shower pump.

Its located at the base of the cylinder and when it kicks on.. it can be head through out the house.

I am expecting a baby soon and it will be sleeping in the room with the pump so I need something quieter.

Also I have this odd problem where the pump will randomly turn on for a few secs and turn off a couple of times a day or night.. which would defo wake the baby. (any ideas how to fix that)?

What I am thinking is to replace the pump with a techflow QT 100-2. Is this the best one to go for?

Noise being the deciding factor?

Also.. although my current setup is positive head, the salamander pump is setup in -ve head mode (has a pressure vessel) because in positive head mode, there was too long a delay between turning on the tap and the pump coming on..

Is this a common problem? Will I have the same issue with the new pump and therefore need one that supports negative head?

Thanks in advance.
Amit

Sponsored Links
I have a Salamander RHP 75 (2.2 bar) whole house pump on a good positive head & I too was disappointed at how intrusive the noise can be. I have tried various “tricks” to quieten it down as much as possible but it’s still noisy; a friend has a Stuart Turner which is supposed to be the RR of pumps & it’s even noisier than mine! In truth, I think they all make more noise that the manufacturers would like you to be aware.

I have no problems with my pump kicking in immediately you turn on a tap, it was supposed to be operating as a whole house pump but due to the noise & the fact that all of the sink cold taps are on mains pressure anyway, we just switch it off at the plug when we don’t need it for showering; the hots’ a bit slower but adequate for sink use.

If your pump is tripping in intermittently, it’s probably an indication you’re loosing system pressure somewhere, either at a mixer or shower head; or it could be a faulty pressure sensor.

The pump is only used for the shower/bath (via selector tap) and the sink in the bathroom.

I dont want it waking the baby when

a) the wife goes for her usual 5 toilet trips during the night.. :p

b) when it decides to randomly turn on.

Amit

Sponsored Links
As I said previously;

a) it should not turn itself on intermitently, your probably loosing system pressure somewhere

b) I turn mine off at the plug whe we don't need it for showering

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back