Possible problem with my shower pump. Turns on randomly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a salamander esp 100 shower pump.

Its configured for negative head, even though I have a positive head setup because the response time in +ve head mode is too slow (1sec+ between tap open and pump fire)

The shower head is about 60cm below the cold tank which is in the loft directly above the head. The pump is under the bath which backs onto the cylinder which is in the next room. (pump at base of cylinder but separated by a wall. The pump is fed via a dedicated supply from a surrey flange.

Randomly through out the day/night, the pump will turn on for a few secs then turn off. it probably happens twice a day (random times)....

The Taps arent leaking.

What could be causing this issue?

Sponsored Links
The pump is registering pressure changes as a neg head is v sensitive.
Do you have any dead legs or other pipework on the same network before the pump?

Pete

not sure what you mean by dead legs.

There is a surrey flange in the top of the tank which feeds the hot side of the hot side directly.

The top out let of the surrey flange goes downstairs and to the loft for expansion.

The cold side is a direct feed from the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back