HWC 22mm Male Output - How to fit Surrey Flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am shortly going to fit a salamander ESP 75 CPV shower pump and Bristan thermostatic shower unit. I live in a flat and I have a negative head situation (this pump should be good for that).

I intend running a dedicated 22mm copper pipe from the cold water tank to the pump (no worries). I need to fit a Surrey/S Flange....

Q1. What's the difference/benefit of using a Surrey flange or the Salamander S flange?

Q2. My (almost new) Gledhill hot water cylinder is fitted with a 22mm male thread out the top. How can I attach a Surrey/S flange to this? Using adapters would increase height and surely would stop the flange performing so well?

I don't want to use an Essex fitting and I have heard taking the first hot water call off to the shower pump is considered a bodge. The routing of the pipe would be downwards so its unlikely I would get issues with cavitation.

Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Gledhill list the output as 22mm

Will this be 1" BSP - I love mixing metric and imperial (arrrrrgggghhhh)
Most (but not all) 22mm pipe fittings have 3/4" BSP threads.
3/4" BSP is just over an Inch diameter (1.041").
Despite the size, it is called a 3/4" thread because plumbers are more interested in the diameter of the hole through the middle of the pipe and fittings than they are in the overall diameter of the pipe.

because plumbers are more interested in the diameter of the hole through the middle of the pipe and fittings than they are in the overall diameter of the pipe.
Bl**dy hell! Metrication must have bamboozled them then, what with copper and MDPE being called after their respective ODs.
1.gif

Just as bad as joiners, 8x4 sheet of 6mm ply? Erm can I have 8 lengths of 4 by 2 2.4m long please lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back