Advice fitting surrey flange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to fit a surrey flange to cylinder, not done one before and would appreciate any advice!

Is the top of the flange the feed for the shower pump and the other outlet for the main hot water?

What connectors do I need for the connections to the flange? I assume its a 3/4 to 22mm male iron for each?

The existing cylinder has an essex flange, but dont fancy buying a new cylinder when I cut the whole wrong!!!

Look forward to some advice.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The do come in different sizes, so be careful.
Warix flange has the outlet pipes the other way round, and is easier to trurn to where you want it than the surrey.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replys, the only slight problem that I have is that with the surrey in place I think the feed to the shower would be aimed straight at the immersion heater on top of the tank, is there an easy way to solve where the flange would finish.....not sure that makes sense :rolleyes:

Or if this is the case, would it be ok to take a short piece of pipe out of the flange, and elbow/pipe bend around the immersion then take the pipe down the cylinder to the current shower feed?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back