Need a thermostatic mixer that suits 2 purposes...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to refurbish my bathroom in approx 4 months when i have the funds together. Problem is my electric shower conked out last night. I was wanting to install a thermostatic mixer shower in the new bathroom as i have very good pressure though my combination boiler and am therefore not really looking to repair or replace the electric.

Can anyone recommend a thermostatic mixer (modern looking if poss) that i can install quickly without the need to dig the pipes into the wall. All mixer shower controls i have looked at seem to have the pipes coming through the mountings which i cannot do in the current setup.

My idea is to install it quickly and on the cheap by mounting with exposed copper pipes now (coming down through the ceiling into the top of the unit) as a stop gap and then reattach it with either chrome pipes or on a 'false' wall in the new bathroom when the time comes. I don't want to leave it 'hanging' off the temp copper pipes (which i can presumably do with any standard 'pipe/mounting combined' mixer) but want one i can correctly mount but with the incoming water from above, not out of the wall.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.

Its an option, unfortunately the taps are at the other end of the bath so I'd probably need a 4 metre or so hose to make it practical!!

Trevi Therm.

Doddle to install, and converts easily from top/bottom pipework to back fed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply Softus.

The Trevi Therm looks like it fits the bill very well.

Any thoughts on the Trevi Therm Mk 2 vs the Mk 1?

Er, I doubt that you'd have the choice, but the Mk II is not likely to be worse than the Mk I.

Sorry if it sounds a strange question just found this and it would seem the Mk2 control only 'version' is cheaper than the Mk1. But i think i prefer the look of the Mk1 anyway.

Thank you again for your help!

Hmm.

This is the one I was thinking of:

t_A3200AA.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back