Need advise to replace old vented cooker hood.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have this old cooker hood that has packed up now and would like to replace it. It is a vented japanese model (was already there when I bought the house).

The issue is that the vent hole is not above the chimney as usually is the case. Can anyone please suggest how can I go about replacing this chimney without drilling another vent in the wall and if any particular type of hood should I buy that will be an ideal replacement. You are welcome to suggest any models tht are good in the market. my budget is upto £300 pounds (I live in London, UK)

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190210_122656.jpg
    IMG_20190210_122656.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_20190210_122708.jpg
    IMG_20190210_122708.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 305
Sponsored Links
The current set up looks dangerously low , should be a gap between top of stove and vent of around 700mm.
Is it attached to wall or is that a panel?

Sponsored Links
You could replace with a large bridging unit which would hide the vent access and fit a conventional extractor fan unit in the bridging unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back