Need help- Baxi Solo 18 HA- (dry fire fault)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heating system is a open vent with storage tank upstairs in the bedroom, and boiler in the kitchen. Last week had a leak on a radiator pipe on the hallway, and had to replace the pipe (plastic pipes). After fix the pipe, I bled all the radiators to remove any air on the system. After that tried to fire the boiler and was all ok, but soon it start to make some banging noises, so I turned it off immediately. Checked again every radiator for any trapped air, and bled the air on the magnetic filter by the hot water storage tank. Everything seemed to be fine, so tried to fire the boiler again, when for my surprise, came with a fault of Dry-fire. I'm not sure, but I believe this fault is only indication of air trapped inside the boiler. I checked the boiler, and I can't find any bleeding valve on top of the boiler to remove the air trapped inside, nor any drain valve by the boiler. I looked at the boiler manual but can't find any help at all, the only thing I can think about is about the flow switch inside the boiler, but I don't know if this need to be reset.
Called to 2 engineers to come to inspect the boiler but they are too busy at this moment.
Any ideas or help will be more than welcome

thanks

Sponsored Links
You have an airlock somewhere, unless the pump has died.
Try running the system with the boiler off for a while, it may clear. Assuming the pump is running.

Try running the system with the boiler off for a while, it may clear. Assuming the pump is running.
The pump is fine, and I did what you suggest 3 or 4 times, had the pump running for more than half an hour, but still the same

Sponsored Links
When draining most of a system it is usually necessary to ensure that you bleed air out of the pump, otherwise it does not pump properly when it is full of air.

Some of the newer smart pumps don't have a bleed point.

When draining most of a system it is usually necessary to ensure that you bleed air out of the pump, otherwise it does not pump properly when it is full of air.

Some of the newer smart pumps don't have a bleed point.
I think the pump is working fine and I think it's full of water, when working is not making any funny noise, I can hear the water running through. By the way how do you bleed the air from the pump? I can't see any bleeding valves on mine

Attachments

• IMG_20220728_204146.jpg
    IMG_20220728_204146.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 62
Looks to me like the airlock is in the 3 port valve - can't see any means of bleeding air from that high point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back