Need help deciding on bifold doors for kitchen/dining room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i need some advice from anyone that already has bifolding doors.

I recently purchases an old art deco property that has a nice garden at the back which cannot be seen very well from inside the house due to the current small patio doors. They are about 30 years old anyway and i need of replacement.

We want to avoid UPVC or wood as we live near Edinburgh and it gets quite a lot of bad weather and I'm not sure timber bifolds would stand up to it over a few years. UPVC just looks wrong in my mind so that's not an option either.

I have been doing some online research and found you can get aluminium bifold doors now, i've never heard of these before but from the pictures on http://ecobifold.co.uk/why-install-bifolding-doors/features[/url] they look great but wanted to know how they look after a year or so. Now if I'm not mistaken aluminium doesn't rust or weather like other metals, but do they tarnish? There is no information on their website about this.

Also are aluminium bifold doors heavier? Again aluminium is lighter but the mechanics might be steel? Again not sure on this.

If anyone can offer any insight or tell me where they got their doors from that would be great. We have about a 3m space to work with if that matters at all.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Aluminium all the way for me on bifolds. We use Smart systems never had any issues, AluK also decent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back