Parts for Magnet bifold door (supplier bust?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help me track down a part for a Magnet bifold door please?

We bought our house this summer and the bifold door has needed constant adjustment since.

To cut a long story short, the pin holding it in the guide rail unscrews as you open the door (a design flaw surely) so you have to tighten it twice a week. Do that for 2 years and the allen key hole wears out.

The bifold door was only fitted 2 years ago and was bought from Magnet. Their trade counter says the supplier from back then has gone bust. They gave me a replacement pin which fitted but had a different neck... and as I screwed it in something snapped. Gulp. The door will just close so I'm leaving it shut and unused for now.

Local door repair company can't find parts. Trade counter hasn't got any more suggestions.

Any advice very welcome please. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, maybe you should of used some loctite treadlocker to stop it unscrewing? If you manage to find another part maybe give it a thought

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back