need help from a Dutch or Belgium person or Car Sprayer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I often go to visit my father in Holland and on these trips I buy a 5 litre tub of what they call WASBENZINE. It is fantastic stuff for cleaning surfaces prior to decorating, a bit like white spirit but definitely not the same stuff and much more effective. It is very effective for removing dust possibly anti static before spraying or painting a surface but it is also brilliant for removing grease or sticky stuff left over from sticky labels etc.

It is very popular out there, somebody put me on to it a long time ago. I believe it is actually made in Belgium but widely sold in Holland. My father doesn't seem to know much about it and will be emigrating to Greece soon so I would like to find a UK equivalent if possible ( for the Wasbenzine not my father)

So basically I would love to know exactly what it is or what its ingredients are and can you get it in the UK. If so what is it called here? They tend to use it a lot in the car spraying businesses over in Holland hence putting it in car repairs section on here, but it is widely used by the public over there too, bought from ordinary shops ie woolworth equivalent type shops sell it.

I have asked a couple of people over here in car spraying but they were not much help.

All help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pre-clean. Solvent based de greaser so the paint wont fish eye..

Go to an Autocol, or Standox dealer... We get it in 25 litre drums but you can get it in 5 Litres

Mick Leek said:
Pre-clean. Solvent based de greaser so the paint wont fish eye..

Go to an Autocol, or Standox dealer... We get it in 25 litre drums but you can get it in 5 Litres

Cheers Mick, do you know for certain that is the stuff, if so how, no one else has had a clue up to now.

Also if that is the stuff why do you think it is so popular abroad that car sprayers, decorators and the public can buy it easily yet over here it is hardly known of?

Sponsored Links
Well we use it for exactly what you described..

Im sure if you popped into a bodyshop and saw one of the painters he would give you a little just to see..

I know i would if you came to me.

The Pre -clean we use it to wipe away dust, remove any grease or silicones before we paint.

We also use it to wipe tar from paintwork and also for removing wax from vehicles before fitting spoilers with adhesives..

If it isn't the exact product it is probably VERY simular..

Mick.

Back