Bringing a car into the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Quick question for you, maybe someone will have done this and be able to help....

So the family and I are moving back to the UK from Ireland after a 10 year absence, we'll be bringing two cars and a motorbike over with us.
Can anyone let me know what is involved in getting the vehicles re-registered over there and realistically what sort of time limits there are on getting it done, have looked through HMC's website and it says there as soon as possible and the car should not be used until this has been done which is kind of impraticle really as I will need to use the car to get to work and stuff, will also need time to sort out insurance, mot's, etc......

anyone out there done this and is it a big a pain in the hole as it looks??

thanks...........

Sponsored Links
no expert
i was of the opinion you can carry on using the car as long as it complies with the rules of where it is presently registerd [tax insurance mot ect]then eventualy after 6 months its deemed you have imported it and must register in britain!!!!

mullin said:
Hi all,
Quick question for you, maybe someone will have done this and be able to help....

So the family and I are moving back to the UK from Ireland after a 10 year absence, we'll be bringing two cars and a motorbike over with us.
Can anyone let me know what is involved in getting the vehicles re-registered over there and realistically what sort of time limits there are on getting it done,
thanks...........
D.V.L.A. @Swansea.....and probably a website ;) Driver+Vehicle Licencing Authority

Sponsored Links
Back