Need help identifying a fence panel type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Recent winds have damaged several panels of my sister-in-law's fence. Only problem is that I can't find that type of panel online - it seems that they're not very common (if indeed they're still produced), which would be a problem if it turns out she needs to replace the posts as well as a few panels.

Can anyone tell me what these types of fence panel are called? I've searched online but can't find anything. One American site gave me a name (which I've lost) but when I search for that it brings up much different types, so I'm stuck.

Thank you very much in advance.

nic2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks to be just featherboard and rails rather than actual panels.

OnTheBall, good evening.

Any chance of an image from the "other side" of the fence?

From the image posted it appears that you do not have [in the conventional sense] "panels" ?

Rather, you seem to have a hand built fence.

Concrete posts, to which are [generally] attached three horizontal pieces of timber, to the latter timbers the vertical boards are then fixed.

As for repair? what has been damaged? the horizontal or some of the verticals?

The lower [possibly] bamboo screening is an [obvious] after market fit.

Ken

Close boarded fence.

3 arris rails.

Treated featheredge

Nails :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Hello again,

Apologies for not replying sooner - I should probably have waited until after going on holiday to post. Still...

Thanks for your replies. Apparently they're former council houses. She's lived there for 15 years or so and hasn't changed anything in that time, and certainly hasn't built them herself! Sadly there's no chance of a picture from the other side. What you've all said about featherboard obviously makes sense - looks like I've got a job to do when the weather perks up.....

Thank you all very much for your help - it's much appreciated. It didn't cross my mind that I'd have/get to build it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back