1.8m wide fence panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I need a few 1.8m wide overlap fence panels for an existing concrete post and timber panel fence arrangement. Have tried to slot in standard 6 feet (1.83m) panels but these are too big. The maximum size it can take is around 1.81m or 1.815m only.

I have tried to search online but can only find standard 1.83m panels being sold everywhere. Happy to wait if stock is an issue but haven't found a single supplier yet who supplies 1.8m wide panels. It is a large fence with concrete posts in very good condition so changing concrete posts to increase spacing is not a realistic option. Not looking forward to other options like trimming sides or opening+cutting a new fence panel to fit in the recess.

Any advice on sourcing 1.8m panels or other alternatives would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I have in the past ordered panels from my supplier in kit form, ie all the constituent parts unassembled. This allows the cross rails to be cut to size and fitted first then the featheredge fixed afterwards.

This is assuming you want vertilap style panels but the same would apply to hit and miss too.

Thanks for a quick response. I need the overlap fence panels to match with existing ones. Have attached a photo to give an idea. Overall it is a long fence.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 118
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your quick responses. Much appreciated. Have tried another internet search but no luck. And I thought Google has all the answers. :cry:

Will need to start making some phone calls then.

Can you cut 15mm off an end? Buying a saw is going to be cheaper than a special order panel.

Or neighbour bought standard panels and dismantled and cut them down then reassembled, but when the company had delivered them they said they would have made smaller ones for no extra cost. It might depend on how busy they are, but somewhere will do it.

The new standard panels feel very flimsy with end batons hardly 30-35mm wide. Trimming 15mm would make these very weak.

I am considering these 3 options

1. find a supplier who either makes 1.8m panels or can make these on order for a reasonable price
2. Buy standard 1.83m panels and open one end to cut down to size and reassemble
3. Buy good quality timber batons and repair existing panels by replacing the top and bottom horizontal edgings

Both Options 2 and 3 could involve a lot of work for me as need to do 7-8 panels. Option 3 is also not going to last as long as option 1 or 2. Option 1 would be ideal so still on it.

Any more ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Is the gap definitely 1.80 with the slots. I've made the mistake of replacing wood ones with the same and have a shortfall.

I'd say the previous panels got cut down, Shouldn't be too much effort to do with a circular saw.

The new standard panels feel very flimsy with end batons hardly 30-35mm wide. Trimming 15mm would make these very weak.

I am considering these 3 options

1. find a supplier who either makes 1.8m panels or can make these on order for a reasonable price
2. Buy standard 1.83m panels and open one end to cut down to size and reassemble
3. Buy good quality timber batons and repair existing panels by replacing the top and bottom horizontal edgings

Both Options 2 and 3 could involve a lot of work for me as need to do 7-8 panels. Option 3 is also not going to last as long as option 1 or 2. Option 1 would be ideal so still on it.

Any more ideas/suggestions are welcome.
Have reduced final end panels by several inches to fit the end dimension to posts /walls etc quite easily. Prise off apart panel end laths for reuse(obviously remove nails/staples) Position laths at required dimension and secure to each other with staples or flat headed wire nails suitably sized (if to long hammer over sharp end flat into wood lath. Use hand saw to cut off protruding bits of fencing wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back