Need help identifying a leaking Megaflow part (pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have a minor leak in a component which I can't identify on my Megaflow system. I first thought it was some kind of pressure relief valve, but there is a more obvious one of those directly before it in the flow. It's on the inlet pipe for the hot water supply - the pipe just drops back down and then enters the cylinder at the bottom. It doesn't have any branches coming off it or anything. I have circled it in red in the pics below.

Can someone tell me what it is? Is it servicable or does it need to be replaced? The leak is coming out the very centre in the front of it (you can see where in the first pic where the brown rust stains are).

Thanks a lot for any help,
Darim

Sponsored Links
Its the pressure reducing valve. They often leak there.

The insert is usually available although as the cost is not a lot different many like to replace the whole assembly as thats usually quicker than cleaning the old one.

A special qualification is required to work on unvented cylinders so the only advice I would give you is to get someone who is qualified like Chris R who posts here and is also "somewhere in Surrey".

Tony

Thanks for the quick answer Tony.
Chris R, or any other guys qualified to work on unvented systems, I am in the Woking area, please let me know if you fancy the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back