I currently live in a rented property which is why I don't
Wanna spend to
Much by ripping them out or buying new doors as believe these are expensive

I have some ugly built in wardrobes in my room

Does any one have any cheep ideas how
I can make them look more modern ?!?
Also thinking about getting the middle bit taken out to put my tv there

Sponsored Links
Does your tenancy contract give you permission to paint them, or remove parts of them? I suspect it won't. If not, do you have your landlord's written permission to alter them?

Sorry to be a bore but I am a landlord as well as a decorator and I wouldn't be happy about my tenants pulling the built-in furniture apart, even if it wasn't to their taste.

If/When you have cleared it with him, I suggest you paint them with a neutral shade in eggshell. What colour are the walls?

Sponsored Links
Hey

Thanks for the reply
Iv been there over 6 years - he doesn't mind what I do
To the house iv decorated it all really nicely and he is happy about it I always consult him first

The house was left to him from a friend who passed and he just let it out as it was very old fashioned

- I just hate spending so much money doing so as I don't own it so looking for cheep alternatives

It's a shiny finish would I need a special paint ?
Don't wanna start something if it's not going to work

As ur a landlord do you know if there is a certain time where carpets should be replaced?

Was gonna pay to get mine done but may ask if he is will to go halfs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back