Need help with a Patio Job quote.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to get a patio put down in my back garden and I have received a couple of quotes.

The area is 3x6m and I am supplying the slabs.

The best one so far has quoted

Labour : £800
Materials : £300
Total : £1100
  • Level ground
  • 100mm hardcore compacted
  • 25 mm slab layer
  • Slabs filled and cleaned
Do you think that is a reasonable price and how long do you think a job of this size would take?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you had quotes from other contractors. how did the costs compare? Have you seen examples of previous works similar to yours? How long have they been trading and what guarantees do they offer? Don't always assume cheapest (or indeed most expensive) is the best 'value'. What area of the country are you in?
As you can see there are many factors to consider besides outright cost.
I'm not a flagger, but have recently undergone a full garden renovation and had similar questions.

Mine is a similar size and cost approx 2K, they supplied the sandstone.

Sponsored Links
Make sure whoever you use has a landline phone number, (that genuinely works and answers as the company name when you ring it), and preferably an address that you can verify. Don't use someone from a flyer that comes through your door with just a mobile number and website address on it. Once they do the job neither the number or website will exist anymore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back