Need help with aluminium window and door lock systems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

We have recently moved into flat and found that there are a few issues with aluminium balcony door and a few windows. Locking system is not working properly and we wanted window master to check it. Once he arrived, he told us that we have a non-standard windows and the we should find another master or a name of manufacturer.

I asked my neighbours but no one really have any information on our windows. There is no management company as well as it's a share of freehold. There are no stickers on locking system or windows frames.

Can you please advise how can I identify manufacturer or who can help with this?
1000006022.jpg
1000006017.jpg
1000005975.jpg

Sponsored Links
With the door open, when you push the handle up, will the key turn and push out the dead lock bolt?

If yes, is it the case that will not happen when the door is closed? If so, it may just be a case of adjusting the hinges or the receiving plates for the various parts of the locking mechanism.

This is not my normal area of work- but last week I had to sort out a 2.4(?)m tall door in a relatively new build. I know from the customer that it used to close properly. I worked on the assumption that the 12 story building was tilting and that it therefore seemed to be more likely that the hinges had shifted. 20 minutes later, all was fine, and again, it is not something that I do day in day out.

I don't know why your "door/window" master was unable to resolve things.

Thanks opps, problems with window and door are a bit different, but both are problems with mechanics of the locking system.

Door:
The problem is with locking mechanism. When you turn the key it should push red zone to what it is on the photo. When you open the dpoor with a key it should be closer to the lock. Looks like something has broke and this lower part is always in a "closed" position. The window master told me that it needs to be replaced, but he has never seen system like that before and hence a problem.

Window:
One of the window locks has broke and now the handle is not moving locking system, which has stuck in open position. The problem is the same as with a door - strange system and it doesn't look as anything else on the market.

The photo of "open" door lock.

Attachments

• door_lock.png
    door_lock.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure ( not even 75% sure lol ) , hard to tell from the pictures, but my suspicion is it may be an old Everest Windows installation ( depends how old the property is ) . Looks to me like an Everest ' union ' style gearbox for the door . The handle on the window looks similiar to the Cadenza blade handles, which to me makes them blade driven window locks. In an ideal world if you could remove the locks and provide more pics and we might be able to determine ...or failing that Crank39 knows straight away lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back