Adding locks to Aluminium Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am looking to make some windows more secure by adding locks. They are aluminium frames and was hoping someone could give me some advice on the best locks to get.

Here is a pic of one of the windows to give you an idea of the frames.

I would appreciate any help as I am a novice!

Thank you,

Mick

Sponsored Links
Don’t the window handles have integral locks? Although insurance companies prefer & even give a discount if window locks are fitted, I think reto-fitting them is a total waste of time & money; even the integral locks fitted to new windows have only limited deterrent.

Burglars have absolutely no finesse; do you really think someone who is intent on breaking into your property is going to mess around trying to open a window! Your property is only as secure as the weakest point of entry anyway; breaking glass & even kicking a door/panel in makes more noise but no-one seems to care or investigate nowadays anyway. I was the only one in our cul-de-sac that had a burglar alarm at my previous property, in the 17 years we were there, 2 out of the other 3 got burgled & they just kicked in the back door in both cases. Why break into a house with an alarm when the one next door doesn’t; but even they no longer have the same deterrent value.

Try looking at your local DIY store to see what's available but my money would go on PIR security lights, an alarm system (even DIY is better than nothing) & ultimately, wrecker bars or automatic steel shutters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back