Broken double glaze unit window lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help !!!! Please can anyone tell me if you can reapair a broken double glazed window lock. The window is locked by the handle and a key in the handle. Tha lock still works on two of the three locking points but will not disconect from the bottom point and the window will not therefor open. When I push the window when it is unlocked the top and middle of the window has some give to indicate that part of the lock is ok, but the bottom lock has no give what so ever. I have tried prising the bottom section open with no joy. Suggestions please, will I need a completley new window and frame or is there some way of getting to the broken part of the lock etc. Thankyou for any help or advice recieved.

Sponsored Links
The gearbox has failed in the middle of the locking mechanism meaning its only operating the top half and not the bottom, you'll need to remove the glass from the opener, this gives it more room to twist and lift.

With the glass out push the top of the opener out of the frame while lifting it, a wallpaper scraper pushed underneath the opener helps, you can use this to help lift the shoot bolt out of the bottom keep and being wide stops you denting the pvc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back