problem unlocking window

S

skuba

the locking mechanism on my bathroom window has become stuck. when the handle is closed (or locked), a piece of metal sticks out at the top and bottom which locks the window to the frame. unfortunately when i open the handle to retract the metal and unlock the window, the bottom lock stays in place. it seems the connection between the handle and the lock at the bottom is broken so you can't make it retract and the window is stuck closed

we can't afford to have a new window fitted at the moment. i'm not bothered about fixing the actual problem with the bottom lock, but is there anyway i could break in to the window and disengage the bottom lock so we just use the top lock?

hope that makes sense, i've attached a basic diagram

thanks

Sponsored Links
the shoot bolt has come apart inside and the lower part has dropped down so basically you need to force it open open the handle to disengage the top part and then its just a matter of forcing the bottom corner of the sash upwards till the shoot bolt clears and you can push it out then its just a case of undoing the mechanism apart and relocating the shoot bolt assembly in the right position it will be on a serrated locator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back