Need help with massive error drilling hole for soil pipe

I drilled the second hole yesterday, thanks to @SpecialK and @MynameisBod for the template idea, used a scrap of 18mm ply and it worked a treat. The hole unfortunately not as neat as the first due to having to drill from the inside out but nothing a collar won't hide.
Also cut up a couple of new bricks last night ready to mortar in today, that part of the wall is patched anyway where we bricked up the door to a window and is hidden behind the side gate so not too bothered if it's not perfect.

Next problem is the bend bought for the stack (with an access point) is huge and I can't understand why it sticks out from the wall so far beyond where the stack sits against the wall in the brackets (pic to illustrate). Am I missing something? I assumed that the socket part shouldn't sit inside the wall cavity.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    515.8 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Socket shouldn’t sit inside the cavity, however it’s the only way you’re going to get it to line up. I’ve fitted loads in cavities and no known issues, however I do work for social housing ;)

Usually the socket and part of the bend is below face level.

Put a bracket on it and you'll see just how far back it needs to go.

Everyone drills waste holes undersized the first time...

Sponsored Links
Did your frame not come with an elbow?

Normally they do as they have a specific moulded shape around the socket end to locate it in the right position on the plastic clip that holds it to the frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back