Need help with painting over plastered wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we've just decided to decorate the kitchen, so... We had wall paper in it with like a rubber or foam top layer so i've scraped all that off and left with the paper underneath. i've got alot of that off but on one wall alot of the paint has come with it leaving the bare wall underneath. i've tried sanding the remaining paint patches off but its not working so is there a way to get the layer of paint off or can I just paint straight over it with dulux emulsion? I dont want to have patches on the wall where you can see the shape of the older paint still underneath if that makes sense.

Anyway any help or advice you can give me would be appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
In these situations you are best getting in an plasterer for perfect results. But he must use British Gypsum Bond-It as an sealer/bonder for the plaster. This stops any paint from blistering during applying plaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back