Help with painting wall with holes in paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

So I have started removing wallpaper, and it turns out underneath the paper is a layer of paint on top of the plaster. When removing the wall paper I have accidentally chipped some holes in the paint layer too.

I have a feeling when putting a new coat of paint on that I would need the underlying layer to be as smooth as possible. Is this the case and if so what is the best way to repair the damage?

Similarly on one of the other walls (which never had wallpaper) by the radiator paint has flaked away in a large patch and the plaster underneath seems to have a thick layer of dust that has "grown" on it. I wonder if there is something I can do when I repaint the room to prevent the paint pealing?

The current decoration was undertaken by the previous owners, so I don't know any of details of how they did it.

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back