Need help with parquet floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I am trying to lay some finger pattern parquet floor tiles about 12"x12" square. I removed the original vinyl tiles from the floor which had been put down with bitumen. I have scrapped up as much of this as is possible and sealed with a uni bond sealer mixed at 50/50.
Can I now use a standard parquet adhesive to lay the tiles to the concrete floor?
I have read on here that there can be problems using modern adhesives on bitumen residue.
I Would be grateful for any help or advice and a can anyone recommend an adhesive for the job

oddlegs

Sponsored Links
If you got rid of as much bitumen as possible and sealed the residue normal parquet adhesive should do the trick.
The only thing you have to be aware of is that the bonding time might be a bit longer than normal.
good luck

Hi
Many thanks for the fast response...was getting a little worried I might never be able to lay it.
Can you recommend a good adhesive?
Also given the bitumen residue should I can condider a rubberished adhesive ..can't remeber where I read about those..or stick with the normal one as you suggested.
nce again many thanks for your help
Oddlegs
PS ..hope I don't need too much of the good luck

Sponsored Links
We frequently encounter bitumen residue, as long it's just residue and sealed you can use any known brand parquet adhesive (Lecol, F.Ball - Stycobond etc).
Sure you'll make a good job of it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back