Need hint for dismantling SFL (Selkirk) flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My CH/HW Worcester combi has an SFL (Selkirk) IL flue system fitted thus:

Boiler -> vertical flue connector -> 450mm of vertical 125mm flue pipe -> 120 degree bend -> connecting flue pipe into liner installed in existing chimney.

The first vertical SFL IL pipe's outer insulating wall has corroded through in one small section (2" dia) so I need to replace the section of pipe.

My question is how do I remove the flue pipe?

I know it's a push & twist type fit so I thought I could just untwist it but it won't budge. Even with a boa constrictor it won't move and all I've succeeded in doing is squashing another bit of the insulating wall!

Does anyone know the best way to go about this?

Pete

Sponsored Links
Pete if ever there is a corgi job then replacing a section of flue pipe would be it, they may just be twist and pull but you really need the unit correctly tested for safety afterwards. By the way if you are a 4x4 user in worc. how about letting me know some good off road routes ;)

Can you suggest a good local CORGI please? I really need this doing quickly. I've got the new bit of flue pipe.

Yep, 4x4 driver. If you want a look around the local green lanes then I'm your man. Not many in Worcester but there are some. Gloucestershire is well endowed though. Let me know.

Pete

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is to fly down to plumbase on lowesmoor and ask them for a recommendation, there will usually be a raft of guys waiting for parts aswell who would advise you on the best man for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back