Need some second opinions on new hep installation work

Sponsored Links
I hope that yellow handled valve isn't a gas valve, especially as it's connected to plastic pipe, looks to me like you either have a gas valve going to be used for water, or gas connected to plastic :eek:

Sponsored Links
I know they shouldn't let me log in while drunk in charge of my laptop but what the **** is that mess!!!!!! it made me feel ill just looking at it or is that the drink!!!!

It looks like a proper cowboy job done by a builder whose training in plumbing is about as extensive as his ability to speak English. :rolleyes:

it made me feel ill just looking at it or is that the drink!!!!
Could be either.
It seems there is a bad batch of beer on the market, I don't feel all that myself after last night. I'm sure one of them had gone off, but how do I find out which one of the 14 it was?

Cider gives me a real headache, couple of bottles and I feel like becoming a teatotal in the morning.

OK, so now I am a little more worried and one more judgement call for you all if I may.

One of the radiators upstairs has been put in with the pipes chased into the wall and the tails caming out of the wall. There is therefore one or more hep joins in there. It transpires that he has directly plastered these into the walls then tiled over which immediately makes me worried. Will those Pushfit hep joins be ok directly plastered over with bonding? Shouldn't they be in protective sleeving? Should I insist on remedial action of riping out (although presumably should be in copper anyway)?

plastic fine in walls
copper has to proteced form degradeing
but if theirs not enough give plastic pipe work then they go pop

Should I insist on redoing all this in copper, or am I just fretting unnessessarily?

Worrying is a choice according to the Dalai Lama...so I guess its up to you!

There must be 1,000's if not millions of pushfit joints in inaccessible places in the UK and continental europe...whilst instructions are quite clear that they should be accesible reality and client expectation is something else.. domestic engineering is a compromise between what is possible and what is desirable..

Almost certainly if properly installed with the insert and pressure tested they should be fine.

Other heating engineers shouldn't really comment on the workmanship of their colleagues IMO,we dont know to what extent this job was subjected to price pressures or client/plumber relations...

I have one client who pays for me to do thing out of the text book, I take my time and everything gets done to a high standard......but the bill is relatively high..

the truth is that all this will probably work well with no issue...and if there's an issue... well ... **** happens....

Copper is always best, but if I have to use plastic I do not like Hep2O or Speedfit, I use Buteline for budget jobs and Henco for more quality jobs, expensive but good

not really...

we never know all the facts, and criticising other installer's work isn't very professional in my opinion.

what people have to bear in mind is the commercial environment in which we work...from supply chain issues to technical help to customers who want to pay the least this business is very complicated... much more complicated than being in the supply chain for example, or an nice comfy office job with a certain salary...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back