Need to fit an external cold tap fitting under the sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hot water connector already here for a hosepipe with a hose fitting connected, but I need to fit a cold water one too as my recently purchased pressure washer is supposed to run on a cold water input. Is there anyway I can do this with this setup as the cold is currently going to the washing machine and there is no spare connector? I am not too confident with soldering and would not really know where to start or what to do here.
20240104_191510.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. The right way to do it is to fit an external tap connected to the cold water pipework with an isolation valve, drain off and non-return valve inside the house, some of which you already have.
2. The easy way to do it, after isolating the incoming cold main, is to:
2.1 Replace the existing isolation valve to the washing machine with something like Screwfix item 139FA.
2.2 Connect the washing machine back to one branch.
2.3 Connect your hosepipe to the other branch.
2.4 Get a washing machine blanking cap (e.g. Screwfix item 39553) and fit it to the hosepipe branch of the new valve when the hosepipe isn't connected. If you don't, and the valve gets turned on accidentally, you may get a mains pressure flood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back