Adding cold feed for dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Going to be installing a dishwasher soon. Our existing cold feed under the sink is in the shape of a 'F'.

The bottom 'stem' of the F is the isolating valve.

The first 'bar' of the F goes to washing machine cold feed (with shut-off valve)

The second (top) 'bar' of the F goes to the cold tap on the sink.

I intend to remove the washing machine connector and add a T before it. Like this one. Then put the washing machine connector on the end of the new T.

Is this as straightforward as it sounds or am I overlooking something?

Also will I need a new section of pipe between the 2 hose connectors or will they fit together somehow?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
you will need a short bit of 15mm pipe to go between the old and new valves.

you havent metioned what you are going to do with the waste water though

Thanks for the quick reply Breezer.
The waste isn't a problem, the dishwasher will be almost next to the washing machine which discharges straight out into an external drain, so I can share that pipe. There also an unused washing machine outlet on the waste pipe of the sink I could use.

I have ptfe, will I also need jointing compound on the compression joint? Or is that optional?

Sponsored Links
i never use either on compression joints.
the olive is there to stop leaks on the nut side and the dishwasher hose should be hand tight only

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back