Dishwasher install issue

Phew thanks and well spotted; I caught that before I ended up in a screwfix after lots of delays today.

I forgot to ask would I need a check valve in there anywhere to stop the dish wet feed back flowing if that’s even a thing as I don’t want to contaminate the cold water tap ? (See what happens when you read a screwfix magazine)

Going to have a go at the weekend when I’m off.

Hopefully I get this right, your advise and patience has been much appreciated

Sponsored Links
It doesn't hurt to have one, however I think most U.K. Machines will have an air gap and make sure your hose is Wras approved with no installation requirement notices (irn).

No ... not that type tee, that's to supply 2 appliances from one pipe. You want one of these.
60723_P

https://www.screwfix.com/p/washing-machine-valve-tee-15mm-x-15mm-x/60723

Isolate the cold water and disconnect the compression end of the flexi from the pipe, you'll be left with the nut and olive on the pipe, get some gas PTFE tape and wrap 2 wraps of the tape around the olive on the pipe and connect one end of the tee to that and tighten, in the other end of the tee you will need a little length of pipe slotted into that and tighten that nut, at the other end use the nut and olive left from the other end of the valve and attach the flexi back onto the pipe.

I takew it that space is just 600mm wide?

that’s made a lot of sense :) I was a bit erm.... before.

600mm wide.

Found another solution which maybe easier

what do you think ? Or future headache lol

Attachments

• 458E20DF-628F-4F3B-820E-A31A4E52ACF2.png
    458E20DF-628F-4F3B-820E-A31A4E52ACF2.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Future headache and giving the seller about £7.99 profit.

Lol thought as much.

see me and cutting corners have a long history, by now you’d think I’d evolve!

All fine until they both try to empty at the same time and then there's back pressure created and pop, something gives!

Ohhhhhhhh

I’ll stick to more conventional methods :) (Frank Spencer moment has passed)

That size of connection/pipe diameter was never designed to take 2 appliances pumping out at the same time. They'll be betting on that it will rarely ever happen.

Found another solution which maybe easier

what do you think ? Or future headache lol

Is that for the water supply or waste? Waste is a non starter as explained, alternatively if you want to split 2 supplies from one tap, a Y piece will suffice, (not ideal though), but get a brass one. Plastic Y's have a nasty habit of leaking, and wont handle any stress put on them by the attached hoses. Often are a one way ticket to a flood....

So I’ve managed to fit the T piece happily .. yes!

Previous owner has a 5 and a half inch insert on the the square hole for the tumble dryer vent; I’m trying to figure out if there is a face plate to cover it and fit the 40mm pipe to go through the middle neatly ?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back