Water Pipes Under Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 main pipes under my Sink, Hot and Cold, I have always had the Washing Machine on the Cold Pipe, because my Washer can also heat the water so the Hot Pipe is not needed.

Someone came today to fit me an Outside Tap for the Garden, however they have taken my Washing Machine and plumbed it into the Hot Water Pipe, and plugged the outside tap directly into the Cold Water mains that was previously for the Washer.

Now I always have Hot water running through my washer, and its not using any cold water......also my boiler kicks in everytime I wash, and I cant use the bath when a wash load is in, is there a way I can have the Hose Pipe AND the Washer running from the cold water mains??

I know you can get those self cut kits, but I really dont want to cut into the pipe at all, is there a splitter of sorts available?? something that can make my Cold water have 2 Outputs at the end rather than just the one?

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a 'Y' splitter available, usually used to connect hot &cold fill to just the cold pipe. Sounds like your tap has been fitted by a bit of a bodger! Did he fit a non-return valve in the pipe work before it goes outside :?: :rolleyes:

Whats the correct name for these items? what do I ask for in B&Q?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back