How to plumb a new sink in the garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to try and install a new sink in my garage. The other side of the wall is my washing machine with a hot and cold feed and a waste pipe which goes through the wall and down the side wall of the garage outside.
My combi boiler is also in the garage and hot/cold water pipes (separate to the washing machine pipes) also run up the garage wall to the house.

I assume I can connect my sink to the existing waste pipe in the garage that the washing machine uses?

Can I also feed off the hot/cold water pipes that are the other side of the wall? I can't see an isolation valve, so do I turn the water off at the mains, drain the system, then do I cut the pipes and fit a tee on each pipe to go through to the garage?

Is it as simple as that?? I'm guessing not...

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You can make thing complicated if you want, but I cannot see anything wrong with your list. :)

Little need to drain the system, as your cutting into the hot and cold pipes which are off the mains - as they are going through the combi. Any little water that is still in the pipes can easily be collected in a suitable container. Open up all your taps first after you have turned off the main stop valve.

Sponsored Links
If your boiler is on the correct side of the garage wall you can probably tee into the cold inlet and hot oulet from there. Its a bit difficult to say without a photo.

As its in your garage, I would fit a dry trap like a hepvo as you will be unable to protect the water seal from frost.

And a Hep V O is always good when teeing 2 wastes into 1 :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back