Moving Washing machine to where there isn't one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could assist with a plumbing question please? Background is I have a Washign machine that I would like to move into my garage. It will sit against a wall with a sink on the other side. I am going to drill a hole through for the waste to use a sink trap waste pipe. I am happy with this and know what I need to do. However the water is currently supplied via a (smaller diameter than copper pipe) plastic pipe running along the garage wall. It actually is for an outdoor tap at the front of the garage. I wanted to cut this and put a “T” pipe, and connect this to the cold feed of the Washing machine. What I wanted to know is can you get a smaller diameter (I think it’s 15mm) and have the “T” bit connect to the cold feed pipe of the washing machine?

Sorry if makes absolutely no sense. I think it’s an easy job I just to get the correct connectors etc. No what I want is:

===== ====== 15mm plastic pipe
||
|| cold feed to washing machine

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Sponsored Links
If it's Speedfit/Hep20 pipe, you can get a Speedfit appliance tap that tees straight into the pipe. Just need to cut a small section of pipe out for the tee. Make sure you put the correct support liners into each end of the cut pipes.

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalo...tm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase

Or you could use a brass compression one, once again with the correct pipe support inserts.

http://www.avenuesupplies.co.uk/index.php?id=850&pid=4374&sid=1

To confirm what pipe you have, look on the pipe for printing of size, etc.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back